Thread: Campus Pics
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 02:01 PM

Campus Pics

There is a thread on pictures of Greek Houses, I thought it might be nice to share pictures of your campus...

Following are pictures of Ohio University, Founded in 1804 at Athens, Ohio.

A residence green at Ohio University, Athens.

The College Green

The Class Gateway to the College Green. The inscription is from the Ordinance of 1787 which chartered Ohio University: "Religion, morality and knowledge being necessary to good government and the happiness of mankind, schools and the means of education shall forever be encouraged."

Galbreath Memorial Chapel, donated by Delt Brother John Galbreath in memory of his first wife. A plaque in the Narthex says, "Donated by alumnus John Galbreath, a member of Beta Chapter, Delta Tau Delta. The Delt Shelter is just across the street. I was initiated in this building.

Konnecker Alumni Center, donated by Delt Brother Wilfred Konnecker and family. It is just down the street from the Delt Shelter and Galbreath Chapel. You could say that if you drew lines to conntect the three, the line would form a Delta.

The College Green in Winter

Below is a link to the campus virtual tour from the university website:
http://www.ohiou.edu/athens/tour/tour.html

I hope you enjoy the pictures of my Alma Mater. I look forward to seeing yours.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.

Last edited by DeltAlum; 10-08-2005 at 02:27 PM.