View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

NALFO Press Releases

Instead of making new threads for this each time, I figured I'd put these in one place, just in case anyone is interested

------------------------------------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NALFO Welcomes New Board Member

San Diego, California – August 2008

The National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations (NALFO) welcomes Kelvin Rodriguez as the new Director of Parliamentary Procedure. Rodriguez’s position ensures that all NALFO business runs in accordance with the NALFO Constitution, By-laws, policies and Robert's Rules of Order.

Kelvin is a member of La Unidad Latina, Lambda Upsilon Lambda Fraternity, Inc. He received his bachelor’s degree in sport and leisure management from Eastern Connecticut State University and his master’s degree in higher education administration from Florida International University . Kelvin is currently the Assistant Director of Multicultural Affairs at the Florida State University in Tallahassee .

Kelvin summed up his excitement for the position: “I look forward to working with the 23 member organizations and the NALFO board to continue to push forward the mission, goals, and values of the association.”

###

Established in 1998, NALFO serves as the umbrella council for 23 Latino/a fraternities and sororities from across the United States . The purpose of NALFO is to promote and foster positive interfraternal relations, communication, and development of all Latino fraternal organizations through mutual respect, leadership, honesty, professionalism, and education.