View Single Post
Old 06-19-2001, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

It amazes me how different rush is where I am. I go to a research university in the midwest, and the university is very focused on academics above all else. Rush here seemed insane at the time, but it is totally laid back compared to the stories I've read here! The one thing I definitely agree with is that anyone rushing should be themselves no matter what. Dressing nice is always a good idea, but who you are inside is (hopefully) more important. One of the girls in my pledge class (I did informal rush the spring before and we were involved with formal rush the next year) went to the first day of formal rush in an old t-shirt and gym shorts and was carrying a couple large bags - we offered to take them so she'd be more comfortable and she just laughed and said "That's ok, I just came from a tennis tournament and don't want everyone to think I normally look like this!" The way she laughed it off showed how cool she was, and it was nice to see that she was comfortable enough with herself to show up to formal rush in sweaty clothes (she didn't have time to change before rush) and just explained why and moved on like nothing happened. We definitely remembered her after that party.

) Liz

------------------

Alpha Chi Omega - Why reach for the top when you're already there?

[This message has been edited by AXOLiz (edited June 19, 2001).]