View Single Post
Old 05-19-2001, 02:04 PM
AudsLovesDG

Arrow

Having read some of the posts about rush, I want to tell potential rushees... JUST BE YOURSELF! I have been through both informal and formal rush as a sister and I know that if a woman asked to use our bathroom, I'd be happy to let her do so... I wouldn't think she hated my house! Additionally I agree with the "look nice" theme... but don't you want to look nice anyway? I can't speak for all sisters everywhere, but for me, the Greek system is about making connections and enjoying your college and life experiences with people who are fun, young, and willing to be involved in something -- be it a philanthropy, a birthday party, or a board meeting. I have a diverse sisterhood, but we are all united by our love for DG and all being sisters brings us -- a community of cool, smart, sassy sisters who are there for you if you need help studying for an exam, someone to walk with in a charity fundraiser, a fun person to go barhopping with on a Saturday night, and anything in between. Don't worry about getting your hair cut and your nails done, although I, in general, like to do both so that I feel good about myself on the outside... but make sure to feel good on the inside too... ask questions about the houses that you're rushing (What are the sisters involved with on campus?), do some research beforehand (Ask about each sorority's philanthropy -- I know I'm impressed when a rushee says 'Tell me about Service for Sight -- do you enjoy working with them?'), and have fun. Be yourself -- because if you aren't yourself, you could join the totally wrong house and not be happy. Good luck, and enjoy rush! Email me if you have any questions.

------------------
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Audrey Shore
www.audreyshore.com
Delta Gamma
at Columbia University