View Single Post
Old 09-13-2002, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Re: *wants to start a chapter*

Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBaby80

I'm quite familiar with the university you're at because I'm up there quite often, but I don't know too much about the Greek life there as I've only been to a couple of parties. However, I think y'all need a national sorority--you've got national fraternities, right? Well, why not a national sorority? I've never started one before (thank God--I don't think my nerves could handle it! ), but as someone suggested, try the "Rush at UCSC" thread...it's about a girl who started a local with the intent to affiliate with a national. I think that would be the way to go. Good luck!
I agree here! At my first university, there were inter/national fraternities and no inter/national sororities. A bunch of friends & I got together and formed an "interest group". The campus held presentations from inter/national sororities and now our campus is on their way to having natinal sororities! One local sorority has already colonized with Theta Phi Alpha and the interest group I was part of will be colonizing with Delta Phi Epsilon very soon!

I'm so proud of them!

Best of luck to you!

edited to include: It *is* a lot of work to colonize with an inter/national sorority, but I am sure all the work will be well worth the efforts when the chapter becomes successful