View Single Post
Old 05-27-2003, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AZpinkkittie
A lot of my reasons are probably the same as every other PNM's but I'll put 'em down anyway:

The idea of being a part of a sisterhood means a lot to me. I have always been the type to get close to my friends, and I think that's so important. Sometimes friends are the only family someone has.

Involvement in school/campus activities is part of the reason I attend college. Being a sister gives you the opportunity to be a part of your campus in a bunch of different ways, from homecoming to greek week. It makes school more fun.

This is a great way to be involved in a philanthropy. I've done charity events in the past and doing that kind of work is just good for the soul, and this way you can do it with your friends.

The leadership/career opportunities a sorority offers can't be beat. Everywhere you go, you have connections and experience that can help you in so many ways.

And meeting all of you guys on GC has made me see that what I hoped to find in a sorority really exists.

I just hope that my desire to be involved comes across when it really matters, during rush.