View Single Post
Old 08-27-2001, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I am just as paranoid as my daughter. My sorority is not on LSU and since it is much stronger in other parts of the country, I doubt many pledges have this as their legacy. I am very proud of it and there are MANY on this board, but I can't compromise her privacy.

If members think this thread has been to open, I will deleat (if I can figure it out) my posts so not to frighten PNMs. What I posted is a true depiction of the events my daughter went through. Much was left out due to it's inflamatory nature. I will say this, at the beginning of last summer, there was a "gathering" of HS seniors and college freshmen. A member of a high profile sorority pulled 3 girls aside. Within earshot of the other senior girls she told these three that THEY should be ____. Of course this hurt the other girls's feelings. If this happened in one city, could it not have happened elsewhere? Anyway, that is the very sorority that did not make quota. I know my daughter never considered them as a possibility after that. Actives, please tell your newer members to use care when dealing with people.

NOW-My last post. My daughter called and all is well. In fact, she said"Mom, we ROCK!" I heard the confidence and happiness of the old daughter. She is so PROUD! Time has allowed the girls to get together and of course gossip! She has been approached about leadership possibilities. Her first words were, "Mom. I've gotta find a date!" If that is her biggest problem, I am blessed as is she. I believe she has found the best place in the world even though I know it's a place that will lead her from being my little girl into womanhood. Isn't that what we all want for our children?
So, maybe a happy ending will prove to the rushees that first and foremost-RUN from anyone involved in dirty rush tactics. Second, sometimes the match could be one "made in heaven". Now, I say goodbye and thanks for your kind words. LOOK OUT LSU! HERE SHE COMES!