View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all for your help. Many great ideas that I will pass of to my sister.

GtownGirl98 - I hadn't even thought about photos. I believe that we have some of my Mother and her sorority. They are with the family photos, but giving copies to the chapter or the school is a great idea.

And along the line of the photos, and what ISUKappa suggested, maybe we can make copies of the original documents for the family archives and "loan" the originals to the museum for proper care and treatment.

And GtownGirl98, you mentioned that Alpha Gams are suppose to return their badge or be buried with their badge. This is why I didn't want to state which GLO it was. And no, they are not AGDs. My concern is that someone from the ABC national headquarters would hunt us down and demand the badge. The family would like to keep the badge(s) in the family with the hope that there will be another ABC down the line. Three generations of ABCs and their badges. By the way, we would NEVER allow the badge to go on eBay or anything like that. As for other "jewelry", I don't think there is any per say. There might be some sort of new member ribbon or something like that. I really don't remember what all my sister has.

I would venture to guess that the badge is the one item that my sister has the greatest concern about. I know that my sister has a fear that something might happen to Mother's badge and would never forgive herself if something did happen. While I like the idea of the chapter being able to use the badge, getting my sister to allow the local chapter to use the badge might take some convincing. But something I will bring up with her.