View Single Post
Old 06-22-2003, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to meridionaleDG
Hm, maybe so! Ask her if she knows anyone in the Dave Matthews Coverband named Grey Street. They go to LSU - so I am sure they play Baton Rouge a lot.

That would be kinda neat. It's a small world : )

And your daughter is a DG at LSU? I am going to PM you! I've always wanted to know about their chapter!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by justamom
Well, one of the band members pulled off his shirt because he was hot, and he had on a DG party shirt from LSU on as an under shirt. I could ALMOST think he got that shirt from my daughter and her group of friends within DG! She wants to get into band promotions and knows a number of groups (ESPECIALLY cover bands) that play around BR! Plus, she has connections to bands up to D.C.

There is a certain sorority at LSU (I was so angry I started a thread) that in the past 2 years has been going head to head with DG for some top PNMs. They actually talked trash DURING RUSH! The NMs told the DGs ALL about it.

For the most part, jibes and jokes are a part of the territory. It's a mark of competition. There's an old truism that says when people STOP talking about you, you're in trouble.

Then, you have that segment of people who are willfully mean and cruel. They were cruel in HS, they were bullies on the playground and they probably "bit the tit" of their own mother!
Nothing can change them, so you have to outsmart them. At the very least, maybe you taught them/her a good lesson-think twice before your open your yap! Somehow, I doubt that a person THAT tacky is a "fast learner".

When you are secure and possess something enviable, you will always be a target of those who feel threatened or are less equipped to handle the heat in an honest fashion.
Cest La Vie...