View Single Post
Old 10-28-2002, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RACooper
Quote:
Originally posted by Lindz928
That's not exactly true.... This is one of the ways that our system is screwed up. If we add another chapter, it diesn't mean that every house will become smaller in numbers. It means that the biggest houses, the ones that are considered "the best" will keep pulling in the bigger numbers, and the smaller chapters will suffer even more. The big chapters at my school are more concerned with themselves than they are will the greek system as a whole sometimes.

There may have only been 40 or 50 girls who got bids on your campus, but I would be willing to bet that you have a smaller greek system and a smaller school. I go to a school that has 45,000 students, and we are trying to make the greek system bigger, which is why rrecruitment numbers are so important. My only issue is that I think we should make sure that all of the chapters we have now are strong enough and on the same level as the other chapters before we worry about inviting another chapter to colonize.

It is just very frustrating when you think that the greek system that is supposed to be supporting the chapters is more worried about expanding and getting bigger than they are about the chapters they have now.
Well for one our school is a lot larger than yours.... grads/under-grads = 73,000 ish. If you have 11 chapters and each pulls in roughly 40-50 girls (if thats quota), then with 12 chapters quota would be around 35-45... I don't see that as a significant impact. Finally, if your chapter is strong in sisterhood and has those numbers, who cares what the other houses do? Just don't get caught in the numbers game.... quality before quantity.... if you think of a PNM in terms of how many girls that would give you before what you think the PNM will give to the chapter you got the wrong focus.

"Cave ab homine unius libri"