View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemwoman123 View Post
Hi everyone, so I'm going into my 5th year (because I changed my major my 2nd year) and I’m interested in pursuing membership in AKA this year. The one problem is my grades. I started college with a 4.0 GPA and was on the Dean's list from 2018-2020. After the pandemic, my grades started slipping and my cumulative GPA at the end of Spring 2021 was a 3.58. Now, Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 I had a semester GPA of 2.4 (Fall) and 1.4 (Spring). My current overall GPA is a 3.3.

I read on the website that you need a C+ average (2.5 GPA) the semester before pledging. So I decided I would focus on my education first and bring my GPA back up this upcoming semester (Fall 2022) and would pledge Spring 2023.

My question is, do I stand a chance at being accepted, even with this GPA drop? I am positive I can bring it back up, but I know that 1.4 GPA will still be on my transcript from last semester. I know I still meet the cumulative GPA requirement.
Hello,
The AKA's don't frequent this chat board often. May I suggest you speak with the AKA's in your area? They would best know how to answer your questions.
As a member of a D9 Sorority, I would also say stay focused on your grades and com. service.

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 07-03-2022 at 04:00 AM.