View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Has he gotten on medication? I say this as someone who comes from a family that needs medication. LOL (Hey, sometimes humor is how you handle these things--that's what my sis and I decided. If you don't laugh you'll cry). If I'm irreverent here, it's not because I don't understand or don't care. Trust me, been there and done that.

Don't give up on your friend. Keep chipping away at him. He may push you away, but please don't give up. Not sure how else to say it. He will remember you as the one who helped him out of his funk. Most of the time, we don't want to bother anyone and we will push you away, but we secretly love you pushy friends.

My mother is schizo-affective bi-polar (she got permanently institutionalized when I was in my late 20s), my nephew is ADHD with OCD, my sis is OCD and I'm clinically depressed with a different sort of OCD. Mine's 'easily' handled with 150mg of Zoloft. My nephew had crippling OCD one summer of his high school year. He literally could barely function. My fam is the gamut of psychiatric issues. Feel free to ask me anything. The irony is that at once during my undergrad, I thought about changing my major to psychology.

Last edited by jolene; 07-28-2015 at 06:33 PM.