View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU alpha phi View Post
My friend (she and her fiance both have great jobs and are not at all hurting for money) is doing this to finance her 2 week honeymoon to Greece. I think it's the tackiest thing ever. Receiving cash/checks as wedding gifts and using that towards your honeymoon is fine, but asking people to "buy us a gift card for this 5 star restaurant!" is so tacky to me.

Don't even get me started on the money dance.
Speaking of buying a gift card for a 5 star restaurant. The DH and I are going to our friends wedding in a few weeks. I thought it would be a great idea to get them a gift card for a restaurant we know they are going to on their honeymoon instead of a gift (Our Idea. That way, they'll know we're thinking of them on their trip). So I looked up the info online and gift cards started at $750!!! Not, $75, but $750! Yikes! Yeah, we decided that they can pay for their own meal and we'll figure something else out!

Back to the OP. It is extremely tacky. The DH and I didn't get a honeymoon because we couldn't afford it. A lot of people don't go on honeymoons. One day we will and it'll be that much more satisfying when we pay for it ourselves.