View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPhiAGinger View Post
But now I'm wondering if they're also there to help in the selection process, to help identify girls who will be the biggest assets to the chapter as it's trying to rebuild. Sometimes struggling chapters make decisions (including MS?) that perpetuate a negative stereotype, but an external influence can help reverse that trend....? I'm not saying that the girls from other chapters get to vote in that chapter's MS process, but I hope (for the sake of the PNMs who spend the entire party chatting up a "bonus" sister from Nearby University) that they have some influence in the subsequent decisions!
This is on the same level as the chapter consultant coming in for rush and saying "OMG, look at Suzy's resume. She's gorgeous, great GPA, and what a sparkling personality! You need to give her a bid!!" What she doesn't know is Suzy has been making a tidy profit stripping at the Sugar Shack for the past 6 months and every guy you know is talking about her "special downward duck dance."

As with any sort of outside-the-chapter rush help, I would wager that if women from other chapters are allowed to put in their 2 cents during MS, how it's received depends on the spirit in which it's offered.

Sister from stellar chapter talked to Gina Gorgeous and made sure to try and introduce her to sisters of the struggling chapter because she thought she'd be an asset on many levels - good.

Sister from stellar chapter talked to GG, monopolized her throughout the party for of "exposing" her to struggling chapter sisters, and during MS said "THIS is the kind of sister you need to help this chapter" - bad.

Sister from stellar chapter talked to Pammy Plain, who happens to be funny, kind and intelligent, and during MS said "This girl is nice, but she's not XYZ material" - also bad.

Last edited by 33girl; 01-07-2011 at 01:31 PM.