View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AΩEGirl21
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHNOITSJESS View Post
My chapter down south has asked this question several times. We decided we can't place a number on it. Lately our fall candidate class has been growing like crazy (considering this is our first year as an A.O.E. colony. ) We doubled our chapter size last class, and are looking forward excitedly! (We Currently have 23 "actives" and 3 Spring "candidates"... since we are a colony nationally our actives are considered equal to chapter candidates)
We decided 4-6 girls would be a successful rush but we wouldn't cap it simply because we wouldn't turn a woman of true quality and that we can see benefiting us and reaping the benefits of A.O.E.
I hope this answers those questions.

Sending up love from the South!
WOW 23+3, I'm so proud of you guys! Way to work your butt off.

Yeah right now we are at about 20 fully participating active girls. We do have a candidate class of 10 but we have about 10 people graduating this spring. I am not graduating this spring and would love to see us grow even bigger in the fall. As a chapter, I feel like we have finally got down how to recruit and COB more. Personally I would love to see our chapter hold a steady number of 40 girls at least within the next 3 years.

Pros of a bigger chapter:
~more sisters are willing to just be an active sister and don't feel the need to hold a position
~ everyone can find at least one person to connect with in the sorority
~finally being able to participate in Greek activities on campus with a big number.

Cons of a bigger chapter:
~not a personal as it is right now (maybe this is a pro if you think of talking to your sisters on a professional level)
~ might not keep the smaller fraternities as friends if we get too big

... I don't know