Thread: Gamma Phi Delta
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JMNew83 Send a message via Yahoo to JMNew83
Re: Gamma Phi Delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROV31 View Post
I was also approached about joining this organization. I've asked time and time again if they are even looking to be apart of the Panhellenic or National Pan-Hellenic. I have yet to get an answer. Is there anyone who knows this? I want to know the benefit of joining. All of my friends and most of the women in my family are apart of the divine nine, so I know the benefits of joining with one of them but no sure where GPD is going......Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are right, Gamma Phi Delta is not part of the Panhellenic or National Pan-Hellenic. We are independent, but yet we do work with them. When I was an undergraduate member, we held joint programs with Phi Sigma Sigma as well as Zeta Phi Beta. We have many members that join both organizations.

Gamma Phi Delta is a non-political, non-sectarian sisterhood of distinguished, congenial business and professional women offering opportunities for community service, networking and leadership development to civic-minded women. We are more than just a national business sorority, we are sisterhood of women from diverse backgrounds and walks of life.

We participate in several community services including the Breast Cancer Walk, Go Red, the Lupus Walk, etc. We conduct business workshops. We have youth auxiliaries where we mentor and foster children on improving their economic and educational standing. And most importantly, we are sisters. In my chapter, we have a yearly skating party where we invite the local community out and at the end of the year, we give the money to a disadvantaged high school student. That's just a sample of the service we do.

A big misconception is that we "pretend" to be a knock off Delta or Zeta or AKA when that is simply not the case. They have their strengths and advantages as well. Through my six year membership with Gamma Phi Delta Sorority, I've met people in your same shoes. The best advice that I can give you is get to know the members of your local chapter by networking with them and asking them these questions off the message boards.

If you still need more information about what we do and what we offer, feel free to message me privately.