Thread: Size of NALFO
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.C.K. View Post
The problem is that NALFO, NAPA, NMGC are expected to have a much higher learning curve. NPC, NIC, NPHC have had many many years to develop their structures.
True, NALFO is not on the same level as NPHC/NIC/NPC. This doesn't mean that the council should take everyone just because they're LGLOs.

Quote:
With a million 3 chapter organizations running around, it really prevents any sort of national movement for LGLOs or AGLOs. Not to mention it makes a Greek Admin's life hell to deal with organizations that don't have a Nationals.
This is exactly my point. The reason that the more established councils seem to have more success is because they encourage growth of their member organizations before rushing to add more members. Prior to the moratorium, NALFO seemed to just take organizations just because they were LGLOs. All that does is encourage people to found new organizations rather than look into expanding the existing ones.

Quote:
Stricter policies in NALFO will only work if the NALFO orgs are growing faster than non-NALFO orgs and have the infrastructure to support that. If that is the case, then the non-NALFO orgs will die out because they won't be able to join NALFO and the NALFO organizations will be so competitive that their own chapters (non-NALFO orgs) will face extinction.
Many of the NALFO organizations are growing faster than other NALFO organizations, so I'm almost positive that the non-NALFO LGLOs aren't up to speed yet. That hasn't caused any changes within the council, though. I'd think that stricter requirements would encourage people to say "Let me look into bringing a chapter of ODPhi (for example) to my campus" rather than "Well, you only need 3 chapters to join NALFO, so let's create an organization and apply for membership." The latter seems to be the norm nowadays.