Thread: Size of NALFO
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
http://www.nalfo.org/docs/NALFOBylaw...vember2007.pdf <----- Membership requirements are on page two.

k_s, by what standard are you judging organizations as "weak?" I will reserve my opinion since you asked other NALFO Greeks, but it seems to me that this could be viewed through an NPHC or NIC lens (as some NIC orgs are as small as some NALFO ones.
I'm not necessarily saying they're weak (I've met several people in the smaller organizations who have done great things), just not on the same level as the other organizations. I find it very difficult to believe that an organization with 4 chapters (using a former member organization so that I don't offend any current members) can be facing the same challenges as an organization like Sigma Lambda Beta (appx. 104 chapters).

With NALFO being so young, I would think that the council would encourage steady growth of a few organizations rather than keep what seems like a "Hey, we'll take anyone!" mentality.

If you'd like to chime in, please feel free to do so. I'll edit my original post.