View Single Post
Old 06-04-2001, 02:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hootie:
I am gonna sound like a dork, but what exactly is the four year program. I think I'm getting an idea from the posts of the concept, but I want to be sure before I post my opinion.
Thanks,
Hootie
It's OK, it is a new idea in the Greek System. Since I am a SigEp, I will talk about what we do a little. Instead of having a 6-10 week system where pledges are supposed to learn "respect" and about the fraternity, we spread this over a 4 year period. First there is the Sigma stage where new members (notice MEMBERS) get introduced to the fraternity. Usually lasts 6-12 weeks. Then the Phi Challenge (12 weeks-1 year) is where members get introduced to the school, Epsilon challenge is te community and Brother Mentor stage helps brothers get involved with their future. I don't want to go into much detail, but in each stage you are introduced to new things about the fraternity and what it means to be a SigEp. The idea is higher retention rate and brothers stay actively involved. Right when a member is inducted, he is a member.. a brother... some other fraternities are starting to adopt systems like this. IF implemented correctly, it is an AWESOME experience. For more information on our system, our national site is www.sigep.org