View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 08:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Just this past Saturday

Ok.....this is up there.....this is one of those you just take notes and pray it doesn't happen to you:

1. the couple got married in Vegas and decided to have the reception later........
2. the reception was in a fireman's hall in Camden, NJ near a Campbell Soup factory and run down street next block over...not too far from a biker bar and because there was no sign outside of the bar or the hall...guess where most people went to first.
3. the food was over an hr late because the grandmother of the groom cooking the food was running late because she was lost.
4. speaking of, how about the bride's mom running around worried, comments that she never met the grandmother (who was to fix enough to feed approx. 200 people) but her daughter said that she has had her food and it was great
5. speaking of THAT, how about when the food arrives and everyone is served, everything was salty, like she just cut open the box and dumped the box over everything
6. since they weren't serving any, we had to run to the sto' (not store...but sto') to get drinks....we asked people did they want anything...and the same people that said NO...were at my table later bumming for drinks.
7. I could kind of see why being as there was no DJ so music was being played on an old CD player which kept skipping every other song so bad that people begged him to just turn on the radio...which he didn't.
7a. As there was no 'official' photographer, since I had possibly the 'best professional-looking' camera in there, I got drafted as the wedding photgrapher.....wait til they see my bill!
8. There was the girl that came in the tweety bird colored dress that was so exposing that she was one step or trip away from having a Beyonce moment. If your boobs or @ss is threatening to make a special guest appearance, maybe you shouldn't wear it.
9. Speaking of Beyonce....the first dance was to her song Flaws and All and then followed by an oldie "If You Don't Know Me By Now..." by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes ...oddly enough these songs didn't skip.
10. The Groom's mother, the handsome woman that she was, fought with one of the younger girls because she almost caught the bouquet.....which resulted in less men going up to try and catch garter

and to round it all off.......as the evening winds down...it is announced that the bride is 5 months pregnant so if anyone would like to make donations, there was a box as you leave the building to put some money in.

The good news after all that was at least the AC worked as Saturday decided to go up to a sweltering 103 degrees.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”

Last edited by DaemonSeid; 08-27-2007 at 09:04 AM.