View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Latino Greeks can literally not afford to be fighting

I am writing this after much observation of my fellow latino greeks dogging on each other. According to the latest stats, there are only about a million Latinos in college, a rather small number especially in comparison to our population. Latino GLO's are overall a very new phenomena (the first being in 1931 Phi Iota Alpha, but not springboarding until Lambda Theta Phi and Lambda Theta Alpha came about in 1975).

Since 1975, there have been over 70 Latin Greek Orgs established, alot of orgs for a very small pool.

I have a feeling that some latino greeks are comparing themselves to the NPHC orgs, but the crucial difference is that they have alot more undergrads, alumni, history, and a larger pool. Who knows if in 10 years more than half of the 70+ orgs dissolve and join with another organization.

Point is, we all share the same goals, and i have seen and heard of Latin orgs trying to get other orgs off campus if not get their members EXPELLED....SERIOUSLY how is that abiding by our values. I want to hear opinions from others....

LGLO's don't be in such a rush to grow up, I suggest we take our time to perfect what we already have so we can better what we will have in the future.