View Single Post
Old 10-19-2001, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile just a mom, congrats to your daughter!!!

First of all, Much Congratulations to your daughter for choosing such and awesome sorority!! Second choices on pref night become your first choice always in your heart! Your daughter seems like an cool girl who will succeed at anything. I was upset (but not suprised) to hear about how the girls that were cut from sororities treated her. I went through rush at LSU this year too and I am DYING to know who didn't make quota!!!(You can email me if you like) Although I have a pretty good idea. Thanks for all your posts.

To Potential New Members:
From experience, never ever judge a soroity by name, reputation, etc. alone unless you witness it for yourself (an even then, one girl doesn't represent the whole sorority.)
I know everyone tells new members this...I was told this and when going through rush, at first, i ignored it. Until I realized that after i had judged a house as being one of the "not so strong" sororites I was totally wrong. I have such a respect for the girls in it now (my best friend even pledged there) Although I pledged elsewhere.
ALL sororities at LSU are awesome and even if you get cut...there are so many things to do here that being Greek isn't the most important thing. I always take my non Greek friends out with my sisters. The greatest thing was hearing my non Greek friend say that she will never judge sorority girls as snobby after meeting my sisters.
Last bit of advice: If you ever feel awkward at a rush party, (like the girls are judging you) go with your instincts and don't pledge there. Understand that it is normal to feel a little awkward... you'll see what i mean when you get there.. but the girls should ALWAYS try to make you feel at home.
Sorry So Long, any questions about LSU rush or just general rush questions feel free to email me