GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Most chapters in a state? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=25705)

CarolinaDG 03-30-2005 05:35 PM

HA! Should've known... my ex was a KA there!

ladygreek 03-30-2005 05:59 PM

Although DST was not included in the bump, I'll answer.

I haven't seen any stats by state, but our South Atlantic region has 152 chapters--one in Bermuda and the others spread among NC, SC, and VA (55 collegiate and 96 alumnae.) So I suspect one of those three has the largest.

KSUViolet06 03-30-2005 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ladygreek
Although DST was not included in the bump, I'll answer.

I haven't seen any stats by state, but our South Atlantic region has 152 chapters--one in Bermuda and the others spread among NC, SC, and VA (55 collegiate and 96 alumnae.) So I suspect one of those three has the largest.

That's impressive.:eek:

AEPhiSierra 03-30-2005 06:26 PM

New York leads AEPhi with 14 chapters and no other state comes close.

aggieAXO 03-30-2005 07:53 PM

AXO:

12 chapters in Texas and California
7 in Ohio, Pennsylvania
6 in Florida, Michigan, Indiana,

ZTAngel 03-30-2005 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CarolinaDG
I might have already asked this, but where is ZTA NOT in South Carolina? I can't think of schools that have greek life that don't have ZTA.
Coastal Carolina

And, the school that I would LOVE to see ZTA colonize at: Furman University.

TxAPhi 03-30-2005 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SATX*APhi
22 - California
10- New York
9 - Ohio, Pennsylvania
7 - Indiana, Illinios

Mostly still the same, added a few more states and Illinois went up by one --

22 - California - Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo, CSU Chico, CSU Hayward, CSU Long Beach, CSU Northridge, CSU Sacramento, CSU San Bernardino, Chapman, Loyola Marymount, Pepperdine, San Diego State, San Francisco State, San Jose State, Santa Clara, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Irvine, UCLA, UC Santa Barbara, U of San Diego, USC, U of the Pacific

10- New York - Binghamton U, Cornell, Hofstra, Plattsburgh State, Rensselaer, SUNY-Buffalo, SUNY-Albany, SUNY-Cortland, Syracuse, Rochester

9 - Ohio - Ashland, Baldwin-Wallace, Bowling Green, Case Western, Kent State, Miami U, The Ohio State, U of Akron, U of Dayton

9 - Pennsylvania - Duquesne, Lafayette, Lehigh, Penn State, St. Joseph's, Shippensburg, UPenn, Villanova, West Chester

8 - Illinios - DePaul, Eastern Illinois, Elmhurst, Lake Forest, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Southern Illinois-Edwardsville, U of Illinois

7 - Indiana - Ball State, Butler, Depauw, Indiana State, Indiana U-Bloomington, Indiana U Southeast, Purdue

6 - Texas - Midwestern State, St. Mary's, Texas A&M Commerce, Texas Tech, U of North Texas, UT-Austin

6 - Virginia - Christopher Newport, George Mason, James Madison, Old Dominion, UVa, Virginia Tech

6 - Canada - Bishop's, U of British Columbia, U of Manitoba, U of Toronto, U of Western Ontario, Wilfrid Laurier

5 - Michigan - Adrian, Kettering, Michigan State, U of Michigan, Western Michigan

ETA: Lake Forest in Illinois

honeychile 03-30-2005 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by honeychile
The top states for Alpha Delta Pi chapters are:

10 - California, Texas
9 - North Carolina, Tennessee
8 - Georgia
7 - Arizona, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina

honeychile

Update for Spring, 2005:

10 - California
9 - North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas
8 - Florida, Georgia
7 - Pennsylvania, South Carolina
6 - Alabama, Missouri, Ohio

The number of changes really surprised me. We have chapters in more states, and have made serious headway in states which had only one chapter a couple years ago, yet we closed chapters which weren't doing quite as well - and ended up with the same TOTAL of chapters as before!

bluefish81 03-30-2005 11:09 PM

Kappa Alpha Theta:

California - 17
Pennsylvania - 8
Ohio - 7
Texas - 7
Indiana - 6
Virginia - 5

CarolinaDG 03-31-2005 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ZTAngel
Coastal Carolina

And, the school that I would LOVE to see ZTA colonize at: Furman University.

I agree... It's surprising that there's not a chapter at Furman. And I don't think they have plans to bring in another chapter anytime soon, but I don't really know the stats (besides a little about DG's).

audaz49 04-05-2005 07:30 PM

Sigma Lambda Gamma

In our (almost)15 years of existance, SLG has (of 78 chapters, 11 colonies and 9 alumnae associations):

13 in IL (UIUC, IL State, Northern IL U, Western IL U, U of C, UIC, Southern IL U, DePaul, Northwestern, Elmhurst College, Loyola Chicago, Northeastern IL U, Bradley U) AND 2 colonies and 1 Alumnae Association

11 in TX (U TX Houston, TX A&M, TX State U, U Houston, Sam Houston State U, Stephen F. Austin State U, U TX Arlington, U North TX, U TX El Paso, U TX Pan-American, Southern Methodist U) AND 1 Alumnae Associations

10 in CA (CA State Dominguez Hills, USC, Santa Clara U, Loyola Marymount, U CA Irvine, CA State Northridge, CA State Long Beach, UCLA, Occidental College, San Diego State U) AND 1 colony and 1 Alumnae Association

MI and FL each have 7 chapters, (MI also has 1 colony and 1 Alumnae Association)

NY has 5 chapters and 1 colony

OH, IN, and CO all have 3 (with 1 colony in OH)

IA, KS, MO, NJ, and OK all have 2 chapters (with 2 colonies and 2 Alumnae Associations between them)

and last

RI, MN, PA, NE, GA, and AZ, all have 1 (with 2 colonies between them)

and there are colonies in WI and WY, and an Alumnae Association in Washington DC