GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Most chapters in a state? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=25705)

SATX*APhi 11-02-2002 03:28 PM

22 - California

10- New York

9 - Ohio, Pennsylvania

7 - Indiana, Illinios

tridgirl 11-02-2002 05:22 PM

I just checked the website, so these should be correct for Tri Delta:
California - 12
Texas- 10
Virginia, Florida and Pennsylvania -7
There are also sever with 5-6 including Mississippi, Indiana, Ohio and others.

ZTAngel 11-02-2002 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ZetaLuvBunny
Zeta Tau Alpha

**Texas: 15 active chapters**
Pennsylvania: 13 active chapters
North Carolina: 9 active chapters
South Carolina and Georgia: 8 active chapters each
Alabama, Florida, Missouri, and Virginia: 7 active chapters each
New Jersey, Ohio, and Tennessee: 6 active chapters each

and so on.....

If you include the chapter being founded at USF next fall, ZTA has 8 chapters in Florida making it the sorority with the most number of chapters in the state. :D

PhiSigButterfly 11-02-2002 07:15 PM

Phi Sig has 21 chapters in New York...I knew we had a lot in that area but not that many. It's cool to see how many chapters each org has in different states

33girl 11-02-2002 10:19 PM

Pennsylvania

Dani - I think it's just because we are such a big state, not because Greek life is super huge. We've got 14 state schools, Pitt, Penn State and heaven knows how many more colleges & universities.

Also I think in the South there tend to be 7 chapters of 150 members each at a school, and up here, we have 12 chapters of 60 each. So naturally we would have more chapters as a whole.

lionlove 11-03-2002 01:23 AM

Re: Phi Mu

Quote:

Originally posted by PhiMuLady150
Georgia=13
Alabama=10
North Carolina, Louisiana=9
Virginia, Indiana=6

According to the Phi Mu website, PA has 7 chapters. I assume that all of them are open.

Peaches-n-Cream 11-03-2002 01:49 AM

I think that there are a lot of chapters in Penn because there are a lot of colleges in Penn. :)

I didn't know that Phi Sig had so many chapters in NY. :cool:

LindsayJean 11-03-2002 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by honeychile
The top states for Alpha Delta Pi chapters are:

10 - California, Texas
9 - North Carolina, Tennessee
8 - Georgia
7 - Arizona, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina

Which schools are your Arizona chapters at? I was under the assumption that there were only 4 schools in this state that could have NPC groups at them: U of A, ASU, NAU, and Embry-Riddle. But I could be wrong!! Enlighten me!

Lindsay :)

ksig600 11-03-2002 02:04 PM

The Top 5 States for Kappa Sigma are:

Texas- 16 chapters
Virginia & California- 13 chapters
Georgia & Pennsylvania- 12 chapters
Tennessee- 10 chapters
Louisiana & North Carolina- 8 chapters

nwsigkap 11-03-2002 04:37 PM

Top states for Sigma Kappa

Top states for Sigma Kappa...

California= 12
Illinois & Pennsylvania= 8
Missouri= 7
Michigan & Ohio= 6

I took this from the national web site, so correct me if I'm wrong!

honeychile 11-03-2002 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LindsayJean

Which schools are your Arizona chapters at? I was under the assumption that there were only 4 schools in this state that could have NPC groups at them: U of A, ASU, NAU, and Embry-Riddle. But I could be wrong!! Enlighten me!

Lindsay :)

Boy, am I embarrassed! I counted the chapters per state, and scribbled it on a piece of paper - my 3 looked like a seven! Oops!
Thanks for having me check my facts (the others are right!).

honeychile

CarolinaDG 11-03-2002 06:36 PM

ZTA chapters in SC: USC, Clemson, C of C, Wofford, Winthrop, PC, Furman.... But who else? USCS? Francis Marion, maybe? We're a small state, and a lot of our schools don't have greek life, so I can't figure out where they'd all be. I'm curious where the two chapters were added.

nauadpi 11-03-2002 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by honeychile

Boy, am I embarrassed! I counted the chapters per state, and scribbled it on a piece of paper - my 3 looked like a seven! Oops!
Thanks for having me check my facts (the others are right!).

honeychile

Yeah I was about to comment that there are only 3 in arizona, and I go to one of the three, so i would hope i know that fact.

ZTAngel 11-03-2002 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CarolinaDG
ZTA chapters in SC: USC, Clemson, C of C, Wofford, Winthrop, PC, Furman.... But who else? USCS? Francis Marion, maybe? We're a small state, and a lot of our schools don't have greek life, so I can't figure out where they'd all be. I'm curious where the two chapters were added.
ZTA's South Carolina chapters are at: College of Charleston, USC-Columbia, Presbyterian College, Clemson, Lander University, Wofford, Winthrop, Francis Maron, USC-Aiken, and USC-Spartanburg.

CarolinaDG 11-03-2002 07:28 PM

All right, that makes sense now. I didn't think Furman had a chapter, but I didn't know... and I forgot about Lander and didn't realize USC-Aiken had greek life.