GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   GC friends, my search is finally over!!!!! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=65249)

valkyrie 04-07-2005 06:13 PM

GC friends, my search is finally over!!!!!

Well, it has been quite the search of a lifetime. I've spent the last months anxiously learning all I can about restaurants -- what they serve, their philosophy, the background of their chefs, what silverware they use -- and I think I've finally found a match! It's really like a gift from heaven that I've managed to find such a place. It's a dream come true! I can't wait to finally dine at my choice, which for now I will call "Yap, Micronesia" so I don't give it away!

Why don't you all guess where I'm going to dinner tonight!!!

ADqtPiMel 04-07-2005 06:19 PM

All clues indicate Wendy's.

FAB*SpiceySpice 04-07-2005 06:21 PM

Oh
My
God

I love you ;)

And I guess that you're going to McDonald's, Wendy's is a bottom tier resteraunt...McDonald's is upper middle tier, it's definately Mickey D's.

Let us know soon, my whole life is going to be put aside until I discover where you're going!!!!

33girl 04-07-2005 06:22 PM

http://williambader.com/detroit/638rallysbigbuford.jpg

ADqtPiMel 04-07-2005 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FAB*SpiceySpice
Oh
My
God

I love you ;)

And I guess that you're going to McDonald's, Wendy's is a bottom tier resteraunt...McDonald's is upper middle tier, it's definately Mickey D's.

Let us know soon, my whole life is going to be put aside until I discover where you're going!!!!

Whatever Kiki, I'm absolutely positive that it's Wendy's.

Valkyrie, may you find the best possible dining location for you! And come tell us soon!

amycat412 04-07-2005 06:35 PM

I think she's going snootier than that. All her clues are high minded and edumacated. It MUST be the MACARONI GRILL.

Yap Micronesia--PAY MACRONI.

valkyrie 04-07-2005 06:42 PM

Okay I will give you a hint. No, make that TWO hints because I am feeling exceptionally generous today.

The restaurant has an "A" in the name.
The restaurant's mascot is not a clown. In fact, I'm not sure that the restaurant even HAS a mascot!

DolphinChicaDDD 04-07-2005 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by valkyrie
Okay I will give you a hint. No, make that TWO hints because I am feeling exceptionally generous today.

The restaurant has an "A" in the name.
The restaurant's mascot is not a clown. In fact, I'm not sure that the restaurant even HAS a mascot!

Arby's?

ladygreek 04-07-2005 06:57 PM

I agree with Amycat. Either that or Outback?

FAB*SpiceySpice 04-07-2005 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DolphinChicaDDD
Arby's?
Nope can't be...Arby's has a mascot remember? That big creepy cowboy hat that stalks people on the commercials. :(

DeltAlum 04-07-2005 07:06 PM

Well, I could cheat and look in the Denver metroplex yellow pages. But I'll wait for the post dinner review like everyone else.

Peaches-n-Cream 04-07-2005 08:10 PM

OMG you are too funny! :p

HappyKappy 04-07-2005 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FAB*SpiceySpice
Nope can't be...Arby's has a mascot remember? That big creepy cowboy hat that stalks people on the commercials. :(
I think it's supposed to be a big creepy oven mitt. But if you want to talk about creepy mascots, then that Burger King ceramic-head guy has to be at the top of the list!

sigtau305 04-07-2005 09:28 PM

Crackel Barrel?

honeychile 04-07-2005 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sigtau305
Crackel Barrel?
No, she's not "Cracker Barrel material"!

I'm guessing Applebee's.

AznSAE 04-07-2005 10:02 PM

i know............subway!

DolphinChicaDDD 04-07-2005 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HappyKappy
I think it's supposed to be a big creepy oven mitt. But if you want to talk about creepy mascots, then that Burger King ceramic-head guy has to be at the top of the list!
hijack/
OMG THAT BURGER KING THING IS THE WORST!!!
My friend is petrified of things in costume (ie, she almost started crying in the mall when Bearmy from Build a Bear hugged her from behind- it was one of our sister in the costume) but things on tv don't usually bother her.

Yeah, she had a flat out PANIC ATTACK when that thing came on. I was almost with her. ::shudders:: almost as bad as the nail fungus commerical

end hijack//

KillarneyRose 04-07-2005 11:01 PM

There is only purveyor of fine food that deserves such accolades...
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/cfche...otdog_shop.jpg

Definitely the top of the top tier.

tinydancer 04-07-2005 11:05 PM

Joe's Crab Shack? They love a good party!
(that's 2 a's)

kddani 04-07-2005 11:14 PM

only Tracy would have a photo of the "O" on stock... wondering where the Primanti's picture is ;)

WCUgirl 04-07-2005 11:35 PM

I personally enjoy Carrabba's quite a bit. Since they have no mascot (and an awesome house salad!), I'm guessing it's them.

AOIIalum 04-07-2005 11:41 PM

What about Chic-Fil-A?

ladygreek 04-07-2005 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DSTCHAOS
LOL!!! :D

BTW, I hope it isn't Cracker Barrel. The food is...:o

...so so--I only eat breakfast there. But they have great old time candy. :D

tunatartare 04-07-2005 11:51 PM

Olive Garden?

Papa John's?

KillarneyRose 04-08-2005 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by kddani
only Tracy would have a photo of the "O" on stock... wondering where the Primanti's picture is ;)

Ask and ye shall receive :) I guessed the "O" instead of Primanti's becase I didn't figure her kind would ever go there. You know, vegetarians :)

Sistermadly 04-08-2005 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 33girl
http://williambader.com/detroit/638rallysbigbuford.jpg
BWAHAHAHAHAH....

Oh, and valkyrie? I love you, girl. :D

ladygreek 04-08-2005 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by KillarneyRose
Ask and ye shall receive :) I guessed the "O" instead of Primanti's becase I didn't figure her kind would ever go there. You know, vegetarians :)
Oh she's a vegetarian. Well I guess that eliminates Outback. :D Dang, I got hungry just reading this thread.

Lil' Hannah 04-08-2005 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by KLPDaisy
Papa John's?
Oh I hope it's Papa John's...that's my favorite pizza chain and I could totally see valkyrie eating there. Although does John Schaffer count as their mascot? Oh valkyrie don't keep us in suspense, tell us where you had dinner last night!

aggieAXO 04-08-2005 11:16 AM

considering you are in Colorado, I will venture to say it won't be mexican food (I tried to like the mexican food there but it was nasty)

valkyrie 04-08-2005 11:53 AM

Update!!!

Well you guys, I was so excited last night. I wore a knee length khaki skirt, a pink twinset, pearls and some darling little kitten heel sandals. I was all set to make my dream of dining at a fine establishment a reality.

I arrived at the restaurant in time for my 7:30 reservation, but unfortunately I was told that due to an unexpectedly large group that arrived immediately prior, I would have to wait for up to half an hour for my table. I was crushed. It just wasn't meant to be with this restaurant, so I returned home and dined on frozen pizza.

Of course I'm terribly sad about this development as I had high hopes that this restaurant would be the home I have sought for so long. Alas, I will continue my search and hopefully I will find a different place to dine this weekend!

Lil' Hannah 04-08-2005 12:01 PM

DON'T GIVE UP VALKYRIE! You can still go out to eat! Just because this one did not work out does not mean that there are not other dining establishments that would be great for you!

GeekyPenguin 04-08-2005 01:25 PM

Valkryie! There are tons of other restaraunts out there! I know you will find the one for you!

I hope it's my beloved cheesy Qdoba. I have found true and constant friends in my cheesy nachos.

honeychile 04-08-2005 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
Valkryie! There are tons of other restaraunts out there! I know you will find the one for you!

I hope it's my beloved cheesy Qdoba. I have found true and constant friends in my cheesy nachos.

*singing*
What a Friend We Have In Cheeses...

Peaches-n-Cream 04-08-2005 01:53 PM

Valkyrie, I am so sorry. I don't want to sound mean, but you should know that restaurants aren't for everyone. You can have a complete life without dining out. Some people find cooking very satisfying. Plus you can always order take out.

tinydancer 04-08-2005 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by honeychile
*singing*
What a Friend We Have In Cheeses...

BWAHAHAHAHA - That's soooo funny!;)

Lil' Hannah 04-08-2005 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Peaches-n-Cream
Valkyrie, I am so sorry. I don't want to sound mean, but you should know that restaurants aren't for everyone. You can have a complete life without dining out. Some people find cooking very satisfying. Plus you can always order take out.
Valkyrie, don't listen to Peaches-n-Cream. Everyone can find their dinner in a restaurant! Just keep your head up and keep going to every restaurant there is, even if they don't have any reservations available! You should try to talk to people who are already dining and see if you can eat with them. Don't give up!

GeekyPenguin 04-08-2005 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lil' Hannah
Valkyrie, don't listen to Peaches-n-Cream. Everyone can find their dinner in a restaurant! Just keep your head up and keep going to every restaurant there is, even if they don't have any reservations available! You should try to talk to people who are already dining and see if you can eat with them. Don't give up!
You should bother the maitre'd and sommelier a lot too. Also, annoy people who have already eaten at the restaraunt non-stop, and remember, when you finally do get to eat the delicious nachos, YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM THAN ANYONE ELSE.

honeychile 04-08-2005 02:31 PM

Be sure to wear t-shirts with their name on it, too - they like that! Bumper stickers are good, too!

valkyrie 04-08-2005 02:33 PM

Gosh you guys I am really torn!

I was born the daughter of a sharecropper in rural Alabama. We didn't have indoor plumbing or schools, so I was tutored at home by a kindly older woman from down the street when I wasn't churning butter or darning socks. When I was 16, a new family moved in the house next door and after my family was done ridiculing them for their impolite ways, I made my first friend! It was a glorious experience to finally have a girlfriend to hang out with and discuss my secrets and hopes for a future filled with love, friendship and family. We spent many nights together talking about poetry and love and then one day she mentioned the restaurants. Oh, the restaurants. I had never heard of such a glorious thing -- a place where people from all walks of life come together to EAT! It sounded like such magic! Of course my humble family could not afford such indulgences but one day I did go into town and peer in the windows of various dining establishments. I tried to go into a few but when the staff saw my dirty shoes and mismatched plaid outfits sewn by my dear mother, they refused to allow me to enter. I won't let that stop me in my quest, though, dear friends. I will continue my quest! I am confident that somewhere in this world, there is a restaurant for me!

KillarneyRose 04-08-2005 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lil' Hannah

Exactly what I think! Valkyrie, don't give up. Any restaurant would be LUCKY to have you eat there.