GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   NPHC, NALFO, and similar orgs: Did you "rush" more than once? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=113484)

Senusret I 05-10-2010 10:28 AM

NPHC, NALFO, and similar orgs: Did you "rush" more than once?

For people who are in organizations which are in the style of NPHC, NALFO, NMGC, and "intake" based GLOs, did you rush more than once? Specifically, were you turned down once and tried again another time and made it?

For the aspirants, have you been turned down once?

Participation in this thread is voluntary. :)

knight_shadow 05-10-2010 10:32 AM

I went through IFC rush prior to rushing my (then-)NALFO organization. I did some research on the other organizations, but didn't participate in any informationals/interest meetings/etc other than my own organization's.

Senusret I 05-10-2010 10:37 AM

My black friends at Wash U in St. Louis used to sign up for rush so they could do fun stuff like rock climbing. They would decline every bid they got. lol

But yeah, though I presume there will be some people who went through IFC rush and then another council's process, I am interested in those people who were outright rejected the first time then tried again.

knight_shadow 05-10-2010 10:39 AM

Gotcha. Nope, that didn't happen to me.

Carry on :p

tld221 05-10-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senusret I (Post 1926783)
For people who are in organizations which are in the style of NPHC, NALFO, NMGC, and "intake" based GLOs, did you rush more than once? Specifically, were you turned down once and tried again another time and made it?

how far along in expressing interest qualifies as having "rushed"?

AOII Angel 05-10-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Until you get bored and break out your whip! I know you have one!:p

DrPhil 05-10-2010 10:42 AM

:) It was a journey. But, "IIIIIIIIIIIIII don't feel no ways tiiiiiiiiiiiiired, Lo-o-orrrrd....."

DrPhil 05-10-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senusret I (Post 1926785)
outright rejected

That's a huge label. LOL.

Senusret I 05-10-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight_shadow (Post 1926787)
Gotcha. Nope, that didn't happen to me.

Me either. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tld221 (Post 1926788)

If you got told NO once, that's what I mean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII Angel (Post 1926790)
Until you get bored and break out your whip! I know you have one!:p

LOL it is possible ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrPhil (Post 1926795)
That's a huge label. LOL.

I was trying not to say it like that, but you know GCers act brand new!

DrPhil 05-10-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tld221 (Post 1926788)

I wouldn't even use the term "rush."

For many of us, the "rush" is the informational and/or where the application info is distributed. I would ask whether people participated in the application process but were not accepted and/or went through some stage of membership intake but were not initiated the first time around.

DrPhil 05-10-2010 10:51 AM

This can be a good damn thread. Ante up, people. :p

tld221 05-10-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrPhil (Post 1926798)
I wouldn't even use the term "rush."

For many of us, the "rush" is the informational and/or where the application info is distributed. I would ask whether people participated in the application process but were not accepted and/or went through some stage of membership intake but were not initiated the first time around.

Right, that is what i was getting at, knowing this difference between our organizations (the sororities, anyway).

Now that the clarifying questions are out of the way, I'm going to go with no. We should use a different word/phrase than "rush, maybe "applied for membership?"

If so, I applied for membership for one organization and was accepted. Booyah. *avoids whip* who's next?

DrPhil 05-10-2010 11:05 AM

I don't think he was asking if people pursued more than one org at any level. LOL. I certainly hope no NPHCer of younger generations will come in here who was rejected by one org and joined another. Except that deltadevil poster wherever he is.

Of course, back in the day it wasn't uncommon to pledge one org and cross another.

Senusret I 05-10-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

Specifically, were you turned down once and tried again another time and made it?

Seriously not understanding the confusion.

If people want to answer whether it was more than one organization, that's on them. If you assumed I meant the same organization, then that is what I meant.

DrPhil 05-10-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senusret I (Post 1926806)
Seriously not understanding the confusion.

If people want to answer whether it was more than one organization, that's on them. If you assumed I meant the same organization, then that is what I meant.

Because of you and knight_shadow's unrelated rants. You two brought up IFC rush and that other stuff.

Don't get cussed out in your own thread. LOL.