GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Pi Beta Phi (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   famous pi phis (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=7993)

carnation 03-17-2002 08:58 PM

Okay, wait a minute, I'm remembering it!

Mamie got so heated that she had to retire!
Mamie got much hotter than the Chicago fire!
Flaming Mamie was a red hot Pi Phi DADADADA
The hottest Pi Phi in town, I really mean it!
The hottest Pi Phi in town!

cherub 03-18-2002 03:28 PM

I can safely say I have never heard that song before! Guess I didn't do such a good job as song chair as I thought...

ROWDYsister 05-17-2002 11:32 PM

This was in the "Guide to the Greeks" the year I rushed

Some famous Pi Phis include Susan Lucci (which was exciting b/c I grew up watching "All My Children"), Faye Dunaway, and Jane Fonda.

LilPiPhiHoney 06-17-2002 01:54 PM

Cindy Crawford is also a Pi Phi.

nucutiepie 07-22-2002 11:40 PM

Cindy Crawford was supposedly a Pi Phi and she was supposedly a member of my chapter! (IL Epsilon). It's turned into a running joke... after Founder's Day this year, someone at Chapter asked "I wonder why Cindy didnt come to Founder's Day this year?". As Fraternity heritage chair it is my job to go look through the records and figure it out for certain... we aren't sure if she initiated since she was only at my school for one quarter... I will let you girls know if I figure it out though.

LilPiPhiHoney 07-23-2002 09:31 PM

Hey, thanks! I didn't know that. I saw that on a website, but I don' t remember which one.

Farfalla1125 06-13-2003 01:05 AM

Cindy Crawford is not a Pi Phi

I'm sorry to say that the rumor that Cindy Crawford is a Pi Phi is false. Our TGC told us this year during rush that it isn't true. There is a Cindy Crawford that is a Pi Phi, but not THE Cindy Crawford. I'm sorry! It's ok though just look at all of the past Pi Phi's that have done great things and think of what we can do in the future!

Lindsey
IN Gamma

suzipiphi 06-13-2003 11:52 AM

Not too many people know this but Jackie Kessler the court reporter for Judge Joe Brown is a pi phi. She was a nm beta and only while looking at our old composites did I realize that.

sailorpiphi 06-13-2003 02:26 PM

verified

How many of these pi phis are verified with nationals?
I mean i know we put out the same long list as before, but there is another thread here saying that that Mrs. Wrigleys was NOT a pi phi.... Esp with the meg ryan rumor too?
Someone brought up on greek life forum that all houses should probably verifiy with nationals before they start listing so many. Im just wondering because i was surprised about the wrigleys and parker pens deal......

arrowannie 06-15-2003 07:23 PM

[COLOR=deeppink]Dont forget about Cindy Crawford and Jennifer Gardner (from Alias):)

erniegurl00 06-15-2003 10:18 PM

Ok. I can live with the idea of Cindy not being a Pi Phi, but someone please tell me that Jennifer is! I'm a fan! :) LOL

jharb 06-15-2003 10:56 PM

yup Jennifer Garner is a Pi Phi...she was in last summer's arrow...and one exciting thing in this summer;s arrow is that the original voice of Charlie on "Charlie's Angels" just married a Pi Phi! :)

PPL & Mine,
Jess

PiPhiARBeta563 06-16-2003 11:47 AM

Did you know that in a painting that has Grace Coolidge with her dog (believe it is a grey hound). Grace is wearing a red dress and standing by her dog in a room in the White House. If you look real close at her dress you can see that she is wearing her member pin!

Its really cool!

-Marty Caldwell
Chapter Secretary
Arkansas Beta

Silverblue 06-18-2003 09:23 PM

Actually, the dog in the Grace Coolidge portrait is her white collie, Rob Roy. I know this because I have Shelties, and I'm partial. :)

dakareng 06-28-2003 05:46 PM

YEs, Grace Coolidge is a Pi Phi (VT BEta) and she is wearing her badge in the portrait in the White House.... and yes, Jennifer Garner is a Pi Phi.. many of the others named on this thread are indeed urban legends. Check pibetaphi.org for an official listing of notable Pi Phis.

And to the song chairman who thought she wasn't doing a good job because she didn't know of 'flaming mamie'... don't be embarrased. That's a song that belongs only in the basements of private pi phi houses. 'Flaming Mamie' and "Mary Margaret Truman" are songs that were taken out of the songbooks at least 15 years ago. They may be fun songs but don't reflect positively on the fraternity are on the real life persons that they are ridiculing.