GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   I'm new and rushing soon!! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=38808)

Dancingrl14 09-02-2003 07:46 PM

*~*~Kara's Official Rush Story~*~*

Hey, my name's Kara and I've been looking at the site for a while now and everyone here seems so nice and helpful. Well I am an incoming freshman at the University of Washington and I decided that I really want to rush. Rush starts on the 14th with orientation. I am so excited but so nervous, I just hope that I can find a great house and they will want me too! So I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!

PS I edited the title from "i'm new and rushing soon" to "*~*~Kara's Official Rush Story~*~*" because rush starts today!

sueali 09-02-2003 07:48 PM

Welcome, what chapters are on your campus. I know sigma kappa has a chapter there, there chapter house is supposed to be really cool (someday I want to go and visit). Good luck on recruitment.

Dancingrl14 09-02-2003 07:56 PM

There are 16 houses...

Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Gamma Delta
Alpha Phi
Alpha Xi Delta
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Delta Zeta
Gamma Phi Beta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Pi Beta Phi
Sigma Kappa
Zeta Tau Alpha

In april they had this thing called greek weekend where i got to spend the weekend in one of the houses and go through a mock recruitment activity. anyway i met the girls in Gamma Phi Beta and they seemed really nice and down to earth. Anyone else know anything about the sororities here?

bsp-mich24 09-02-2003 07:56 PM

Welcome to GC and good luck w/ rush.:D

bsp-mich24 09-02-2003 08:02 PM

Quote:

Anyone else know anything about the sororities here?
You have lots of good houses to choose from so to speak. You definitely came to the right place to be informed on what to expect during rush.

Just keep an open mind , have fun most importantly and be yourself; ask yourself one ? (besides being or looking tired) can you be sister with the ladies in that particular GLO as you visit and chat w/ the sisters. The veterans will fill in the gaps I didn't cover.

p.s. sorry this is worded ackward.

Kristin AGD 09-02-2003 08:22 PM

Good Luck Kara!!! :D

oceanphi01 09-02-2003 08:41 PM

Good luck Kara! I hope you find your home!

Aphigurl 09-02-2003 09:00 PM

Good Luck with rush.

polarpi 09-02-2003 09:01 PM

Best of luck with your recruitment...I don't know particularly about what the chapters are like at your university, but the national organizations represented there are all wonderful...any one of them would be a great choice...just follow your heart, and be yourself! :)

SmartBlondeGPhB 09-02-2003 09:06 PM

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right in my home town! I have been waiting for someone to go UW. I didn't go there, but I'm a WA native and my dad's an alum so my blood still runs a little purple and gold.

Good Luck and have fun.

And yeah for Gamma Phi. Yes, I'm biased but from what I know all of the houses are very good. You should have no trouble finding a great house.

AXO_MOM_3 09-02-2003 09:14 PM

Best of luck to you - have a GREAT time!

cntryZTA5 09-02-2003 09:14 PM

Hi Kara!

I'm glad to see that you are going through recruitment at UW. I was lucky enough to meet many of my ZTA sisters from there over the summer. They are a great group of women, any girl would be lucky to have them as sisters!

You have a lot of strong chapters to choose from, I don't envy your position!

Good luck with recruitment, I can't wait to read your story!

honeychile 09-02-2003 09:26 PM

Welcome to GreekChat, Kara, and the very best of luck during Rush!!

It's been a couple years since I've been to WSU, but the campus always looks so beautiful!! Of course, I love Washington so I may be biased! :)

Be sure to let us know how things are going for you!

SmartBlondeGPhB 09-02-2003 10:14 PM

I believe it's a more competitive system than some others (not like southern rush of course).

bethany1982 09-02-2003 10:18 PM

Good luck and have fun!