GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Paddle Question (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=36812)

ThetaPhiAngel 07-22-2003 11:38 PM

Paddle Question

I know a lot of organizations don't refer to them as "paddles" anymore, but in any case, have you ever heard of two littles making one for their Big together? My twin and I have both been wanting to make our Big a paddle, so we were thinking we could make one from both of us. However, neither of us have heard of anyone doing this before and we were wondering if this is "acceptable" or if it would be better for us to each make our own. Thanks!

sherbertlemons 07-23-2003 12:06 AM

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. It's like any other present- as long as it's heartfelt and thought goes into it, it's great. I think you could do a cute little paddle together, and your big will be tickled pink at all the thought that went into it, whether you did it together or apart.

uwwsweetie 07-23-2003 12:14 AM

I think that would be adorable to make one from the two of you!!!!!!!!

Buttonz 07-23-2003 12:49 AM

I like the idea! It would be cute! I say go ahead and do it!

RosmaPomia 07-23-2003 09:30 AM

I say go for it. This past fall there were a lot of twins here and they made paddles for their bigs together. They all turned out really neat and had some great emotional value since they had made it together. Try paddletramp.com I'm pretty sure they have some that work great for twins

33girl 07-23-2003 10:45 AM

What would be really cool is if you could get 2 paddles in a funky shape that fit together. If such a thing exists. :p

brilia 07-23-2003 11:07 AM

I know several twins who have given their big a paddle together. It is a really good idea and would mean more (at least to me) to get one from both instead of just from one.

ShaunaF01 07-23-2003 12:42 PM

my twin and i decided not to make a joint paddle for our big, i made her a paddle and she made our big a banner (which is a tradition on her tree) but i know one set of twins in my pledge class made their big a "paddle" that was 3 puzzle pieces, and like the first one had "lil ???" and then the middle piece had "big ???" and then the other piece had "lil ???" and then they attached them to make a paddle like deal...it was real cute!

AlphaChiCutie 07-23-2003 12:54 PM

My chapter still does paddles after big sis/lil sis day. the lil sisters are supposed to make them for their big sisters. A lot of girls go all out and paint them, buy the little frames to insert pictures onto the paddles, and do elaborate work on them. i love mine!

ThetaPhiAngel 07-23-2003 10:46 PM

Thanks everybody! I'm going to talk to her and see if I can convince her to make one together. ;) Even if we make separate ones, we decided we'll get together one day and go shopping for all the stuff and at least decorate them together.

bsp-mich24 07-23-2003 10:53 PM

I say go for it like the others have. I think your Big will like the paddle made by twins a little more.:)

FAUNikki 07-27-2003 01:29 PM

I am not sure if every sorority has it's own guidelines, but when is it appropriate to give ur big her paddle. My big lives in another state when she isnt at school. SO I havent seen her all summer. I have already made it for her, but I am not sure when to give it to her??

Tom Earp 07-27-2003 02:28 PM

LXA decided that Paddles were verbotten, Period! Even ones that the Then Pledge Classes made to give to the Chapter with each officer and members name on it! Hell, they were at least 5-6 feet tall!

Why? It showed a form of hazing!

Many of the old guys come back and show their wifes and kids their name on Their Paddle!:)

I think it would be neato to have two littles to do a combo Paddle!:D

X would be good! With Names and info on them!:)

astroAPhi 07-27-2003 02:45 PM

My "twin" and I split the cost of getting a paddle made for my big sis (neither of us are artistic and I wanted it to be really nice). We had both of our names engraved and she loved it. I think it would be a wonderful project for the two of you.

Tom Earp 07-27-2003 02:56 PM

POOPOO ASTROPHI! !!!!:)

I ALWAYS WANTED TO SAY THAT! IT RHYMS!:D

Bet Ya cant wait to be back at MELBURN!!!!!!:)

How was Cav????